Supervision & Leadership
If you have a group to train, we'll customize a solution. Individuals and companies only needing to train a few employees can choose public training or online courses.
Customized Supervision & Leadership Training
The modular design of our supervision and leadership training allows you to choose the content that is most relevant to your organization. Regardless of the modules you choose for your group's training program, we tailor content to fit your company.
Supervision & Leadership Modules
Fundamental Skills for Supervisors and Leaders
- The Role of Supervisor
- Understanding Yourself and Others/DiSC™
- Effective Communication
- Getting Work Done Through Others
- Establishing Performance Expectations
- Developing Employee Job Skills
- Performance Coaching
- Giving Constructive Feedback
- Performance Appraisal and Discipline
Beyond the Basics
- Creating a Productive Work Environment
- Employee Engagement Essentials
- Interviewing and Selecting Employees
- Recruiting and Selecting for Talent
- A Strengths Based Approach to Leading Others
- Leading Effective Meetings
- Managing Change
- Handling Emotional Behavior
- Reframing Conflict
- Preventing Workplace Harassment
- Creating a Successful Team
- Building a Strengths Based Team
- Making Team Decisions
- Leading Problem-Solving Sessions
- Confronting Issues with Team Members
Skills for Leaders and Individual Contributors
- Career Management
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Emotional Intelligence
- Generations Meet for Respect in the Workplace
- Managing Stress
- Managing Time and Personalities
- Presentation Basics
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Putting Your Strengths to Work
- Work Life Balance
Call 316.218.6118 to discuss customized training for your group.
Public Training for Supervisors
Individuals, small companies and even large companies needing to train a small number of people can help build a class. We keep track of businesses and individuals interested in Effective Supervision training. When enough people are interested, we create a class and contact you to see if you wish to register.
Immediate supervisors in any organization have a significant effect on employee engagement, performance and behavior. Effective Supervision is designed to help supervisors understand their responsibilities and the impact of their actions while developing attitudes, behaviors and skills for supervising effectively. Effective Supervision is ideal for both new supervisors and experienced supervisors at any level within the organization who haven't recently had the benefit of formal supervisory training. Participants in this four-day training course develop skills for effective communication, building and maintaining productive work relationships, managing performance, developing employees, and managing change. Throughout Effective Supervision, participants are actively involved in their learning, and have the opportunity to practice skills and techniques in class. Each participant will recognize his/her personal strengths and opportunities for further development. At the conclusion of training, participants evaluate their progress in applying skills learned in training and create personal plans for ongoing development.
Call 316.218.6118 if you would like us to contact you when we schedule an Effective Supervision class.
Online Training for Supervisors & Leaders
Butler's Center for Workforce and Professional Advancement offers a wide range of highly interactive non-credit courses that can be taken entirely over the Internet. Our partnership with Education-To-Go, a leading provider of online learning, makes it possible for us to offer an extensive selection of online non-credit courses.